Atlantis Swimming Academy Learn to Swim Scheme
Terms & Conditions
Teaching Policies, Procedures and Parental Responsibilities
1. All Atlantis Swimming Teachers are ASA / STA qualified and have undergone enhanced DBS disclosure checks.
2. It is our policy to endeavour to provide a temporary replacement Swimming Teachers in the event of any instructor absence.
3. If a teacher is absent, Atlantis reserves the right to join classes together if considered appropriate. We would always try to put a replacement teacher in place immediately however, if this is not manageable we would put the classes together in order to avoid the cancellation. This would be an extremely rare occurrence as additional teachers are usually available to cover any such eventualities.
4. We reserve the right to replace Swimming Teachers, if necessary, once the term has started.
5. Swimming Teachers are only responsible for pupils during their swimming lessons and parents and/or guardians are responsible at all other times. The swimming lesson begins when the Swimming Teacher accepts charge of the pupil and ends when the lesson finishes.
6. Parents must remain on the premises whilst the pupil is in their lesson. This is imperative in case of the unlikely event of a medical emergency, building evacuation or other emergency situation.
7. Parents/guardians must never distract the teacher during a lesson and should direct all communication through the staff by Telephone communication on Tel 01482 831557. Parents/guardians attempting to speak with a teacher during the period that lessons are in progress is dangerous as it will distract the teacher from the supervision of the pupils in their lesson.
8. A quality Assurance check on each teacher’s performance is monitored each term by an internal verifier.
9. A Senior member of staff and/or Supervisor will be available to ensure that the safe, smooth running of the lessons and to look after the needs of the teachers, pupils, and parents/guardians.
Pupil Medical Conditions/ Illness
1. Atlantis must be informed of an swimmers medical conditions or during the term any new conditions or any learning conditions that staff will need to know to help support the child during the lesson.
2. If your child is unwell, we recommend that you do not bring them to their swimming lesson
3. If your child has been ill within the last 48 Hours with diarrhoea/vomiting they should not attend their lesson.
Swimming Lesson Programme
1. The ‘learn to swim’ programme runs for a minimum of 45 weeks throughout the year, split into terms, spring, summer autumn, winter and a short summer crash course.
2. Term dates, where possible, will run in conjunction with the school terms and where possible will take into account the school holiday periods. As public holidays are not the same for every school, some lessons will take place on local public holidays.
3. The ‘learn to swim’ programme classes are held over a 30 minute timeslot with 5 minutes allocated for registration and debrief. One-to-one classes are held over a 25 minute timeslot with 5 minutes allocated for registration and debrief.
4. Pupil to Teacher ratios are in line with the ASA / STA guidelines.
1. All pupils on the ‘learn to swim’ programme work towards the Atlantis Swimming Academy’s Award Scheme.
2. Swimming Teachers continually assess of all pupils progression throughout the term
3. Progression of all pupils will be at the judgment of the teacher in accordance with the progression within the criteria of the Award Scheme.
4. Pupils will be moved during term time if they meet the skills criteria required for movement to the next stage and will not be deliberately held back until the end of a term before progressing. (During re-enrolment is the only time this is restricted)
5. All pupils must complete the skill criteria within each of the levels, including other additional skills set out by Atlantis Swimming Academy, before progressing onto the next level.
6. Upon completion of a level, the pupil will be issued with a badge card, where you can purchase a certificate and medal from the cafe area, from Atlantis Staff.
7. Teachers of pupils that are ready to progress onto the next level will inform admin staff with a moving up information. Once this has been received the pupils parent/and or guardian will be informed of the change of level, along with available time, day and swimming teachers available.
8. Due to the continuous progressive nature of our programme, and the variety of ability levels within each session, we cannot guarantee a specific time slot on progression, as a space within the next stage may not always be immediately available. Consideration will be made to siblings and other family members.
Swimming Lesson Enrolments
1. All fees must be paid in advance at the time of booking methods of payment see 3.
2. Refunds for non-attendance will not be given.
3. Payment can be made by Cash, Chip & Pin or Cheque (payable to Ian Farmery)
4. If payment is not made or no confirmation letter is sent out please contact the office DO NOT just turn up as no place will be offered.
Renewing Swimming Lessons
1. We will provide you with a re-enrolment letter for the next term approximately four weeks before the current term ends, offering the opportunity to renew for the following term.
2. Please note that if payment for a renewal is not received before the deadline date, we can no longer reserve your place in the next term and if another customer books the space, your space will be lost
Changing and Moving Lesson
1. You may request a change of time & day and we will accommodate your request, provided a space is available.
Pool Closure and Cancelled swimming lessons
1. In the event of a closure we will make every attempt to contact our customers as soon as possible.
2. All parents/guardians are encouraged to supply us with mobile telephone number for quick communication purposes.
3. In the unusual event of a pool closure, a lesson credit will be given in lieu of future payment for the following term.
1. If after booking term lessons you wish to cancel, you may do so by contacting the Atlantis office in writing, within 7 days of making the booking. You will receive a refund of the payment made, less 20% administration charge.
2. If you fine you have chosen the wrong day or time but we cannot resell the place no refund will be given of any lessons you do not attend.
3. If you cannot attend for a number of lessons in a row for medical reasons, we can credit the following terms lesson for those lessons missed if a doctor’s note is provided.
1. Child protection, including bullying, is in line with the ASA /STA / RLSS child protection policies. Safeguarding all Adults coming on to the site must sign in to the building.
1. Atlantis Swimming Academy does not accept responsibility for any damage or loss of property or articles left on the premises or damage to vehicles. They is an overflow carpark also available.
1. Payment / bookings can be taken either in person at the pool, chip & pin or by post sending a booking card and cheque.
2. On completion of a booking receipt will be given out or sent out along with a confirmation letter providing you with all the relevant important information needed for the new term.
3. All bookings must be accompanied with payment.
4. No provisional bookings will be taken under any circumstances, for either current or new customers, spaces cannot be confirmed unless the payment is taken.
1. Parents/guardians are not permitted on poolside.
2. We do ask that all spectators remain in the cafe area in order to prevent any unnecessary distractions for the pupils or teachers.
3. It is difficult for the teaching staff to gain full attention from their pupils if they are being distracted; progress can be affected if children are not fully able to concentrate.
4. No photography or filming is permitted in the building.
5. Please ensure that small children do not sit in the window area or on the tables for their safety and for hygiene reasons, with this been a food area.
HOW TO CONTACT US:-
1. By telephone 01482 831557
2. By e-mail visit our website atlantis-swimming-academy.com contact page.
3. In writing, our office address is:-
Atlantis Swimming Academy
67 Grantham Avenue – Kingswood – Hull – East Yorkshire – HU73DT.